21 July 2007

Growing like bamboo!


We have been in Brazil for 15 months. I often post pictures of Tommy and Nicky. The most common reaction is about how much they have grown since we have moved here. I wish I would have measured and weighed them so I could post before and after figures...oh well. I compare them to bamboo chutes. They are growing nearly as fast and are definetely as strong! I found out that they make baseball bats from bamboo as well. Useless information:

BAMBOO IS:

The fastest growing woody plant on this planet. It grows one third faster than the fastest growing tree. Some species can grow up to 1 meter per day. One can almost "watch it grow". This growth pattern makes it easily accessible in a minimal amount of time. Size ranges from miniatures to towering culms of 60 meters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much you guys have grown in the last couple of months.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Check the hair! Is that Tommy or a teenager?! The boys look great..happy and healthy.
Tina